- Lifelong learning. Keep your mind active and always be gaining wisdom, I don’t know of any clever and successful person who doesn’t read a lot.
- Get what you want by deserving what you want. Want a quality partner and happy marriage for instance, then become someone who deserves such.
- Understand your own competence. Put effort in where you are able and improve where you are lacking, this also helps with humility.
- Consider yourself a survivor. Never waste time thinking as a helpless victim, there is always something you can do to better yourself.
- Learn the big ideas in important disciplines. If your only mental tool is a hammer all problems will start to look like nails, they aren’t.
- Understand what you do. If you don’t understand it then stop doing it.
- Invest in a circle of trust. Trust others and their trust in you appreciates.
- Learn from history. Study others mistakes to avoid making them your self.
- You will suffer blows in life. Self pity is not useful here and will only hold you back.